The news site "Startribune" deleted article "In blow to Trump, U.S. trade deficit hit record $891 billion"
17 April 2019, 09:55
Late last month I was horrified by the news about America’s Trade Deficit, which I read on the site "Startribune". Yesterday I wanted to show this article to my mum, but I didn't find it - it was deleted!
I don't know why they deleted this important article! But what was written there:
- "WASHINGTON — America’s trade deficit in goods with the rest of the world rose to its highest level in history last year as the United States imported a record number of products, including from China, widening the deficit to $891.3 billion and delivering a setback to President Trump’s goal of narrowing that gap.
- The increase was driven by some factors outside Mr. Trump’s control, like a global economic slowdown and the relative strength of the United States dollar, both of which weakened overseas demand for American goods. But the widening gap was also exacerbated by Mr. Trump’s $1.5 trillion tax cut, which has been largely financed by government borrowing, and the trade war he escalated last year.
- Economists have long warned that Mr. Trump’s tax cuts would ultimately exacerbate a trade deficit he has vowed to reduce, as Americans, flush with extra cash, bought more imported goods.
- His trade war with Beijing also widened the gap: Stiff tariffs on Chinese goods helped slow China’s economy, crimping American exports, which declined nearly 50 percent in December from the same month a year before."
- It is good that there are other news portals where this terrible news was preserved and I found even more information about what I would like to know!